Choose Your Stories – Change Your Life
John’s book explores how our own stories prevent us making the changes we really want to make.
The key to address this is provided through a detailed description of the Choose Your Stories Change Process. This process draws on the latest research in psychology, neuroscience and adult development, as well as John’s experience working with more than one thousand leaders worldwide.
Order Your Copy
“Choosing your life stories can indeed change your life. In this fabulous book, John Sautelle explains why you create the life-limiting stories you now carry, and how you can build new ones to unleash a new and greater life.”
- Dr Michael Marquardt, Professor of Human Resource Development and International Affairs at George Washington University, co-founder and first President of the World Institute for Action Learning, and author of 24 books in the fields of leadership, learning, globalization, and organisational change
“There were times where I felt I was the author, there were time when I was some of the characters in your stories; you stopped me in my tracks and made me rethink, you took me places I hadn’t been and other places where I had long avoided, and had me hearing things that I so needed to hear; you stretched my mind, made me laugh and cry.”
- Allan Parker, best-selling author, behavioural scientist, international business consultant, negotiator, mediator, facilitator, and trainer
"Unlike most books of this kind, this is not an overly simplistic recipe nor does it rely on only one or two perspectives. Instead, Sautelle draws from a wide variety of methods and perspectives, some of high academic quality, others long tested in practice, some of them recent breakthroughs in psychological research. He offers a personal integration that comes from decades of experience. It is a unique and creative piece of work that will enrich coaches and clients, regardless of how knowledgeable they are (or are not). I enthusiastically recommend it.”
- Gervase R. Bushe, Ph.D., Professor of Leadership and Organization Development at the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University, author of Clear Leadership, and co-author of Dialogic Organization Development: The Theory and Practice of Organizational Change
“This is the most easily digestible personal development book I have ever read and I have read a lot of them. It gave me a really powerful tool I could take away and implement straight away with both my clients and my team to help them make positive change.”
- Chris Foy, co-owner of Vision Personal Training, North Sydney and Wollongong, Australia
“This is a brilliant book! John Sautelle has taken so many perspectives and concepts and stream-lined them into a very practical resource. It’s marvellously simple and sophisticated at the same time.”
- Kristin Boag, Manager, Capability and Performance, Human Resources, Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
“Choose Your Stories is a practical manual for creating lasting change in the area that is most troublesome- our own beliefs. John Sautelle shows the path to change through easy to read compelling case studies that showcase the subtleties of any personal change process. As a reader, you feel safely guided by compassionate and experienced hands.”
- Zoë Routh, leadership speaker, author, and adventurist
“Throughout my life I have grappled with anxiety, depression and identity issues. As I come from a wonderfully supportive and loving family, I often felt great shame for seeking help for my issues, feeling as though admitting my troubled emotions and thoughts would give the impression that my family had done something “wrong” in my upbringing.
After feeling like an undeserving tourist in the self-help section of the bookshop many times, and seeking various forms of counselling and therapy over the years, reading John Sautelle’s book was an emotional experience for me. Tears rolled down my face as his words resonated with me and I finally read something that I felt was perfectly applicable to my experience within my own life narrative.
John’s enriching, engaging and broadly applicable approach to unlocking hidden fragments of our past and having real contact with their effects has been invaluable to my own understanding of self. A transformative piece of literature, I cannot recommend it more highly.”
- Eloise Fisk, student, artist and florist
“In amongst the many books on development, this one is a gem. Apart from being short in length, it's engaging and highly practical. John Sautelle includes his own stories reflecting his personal journey, along with humility and authenticity. When books reveal, "real" people want to read them. To me this is one of those books!”
- Roma Gaster, Global Partner, The Leadership Circle